5/13/13

Mixed Prints



What I'm Wearing:

1) Marni x H&M Maxi Printed Dress
2) Gucci Sunglasses
3) Vera Wang Flatforms

Today was incredibly hot. It felt like my skin was literally melting off my body. I went through five different outfit changes this morning because I couldn't decide what to wear and I wanted to still look nice for my Fashion Marketing Internship at Socialbliss. I've only worn this dress one other time last April. I figured I'd wear it again to be comfortable.

Mixing prints is one of the biggest trends this spring/summer season. Some of the best mixed prints outfits can create a visually stunning, cohesive look but there's a method for it and Consuelo Castiglionio (Creative Director for Marni) does it best. Color is a great connector for two varying prints. It's always best to stick to the same color family. Now, I'm not a huge fan of prints but this Marni printed dress is one of my favorites in my closet. I love how Consuelo mixed two different prints so this dress doesn't look overwhelming. Her line is known for quirky, feminine combinations of bright colors, bold graphic patterns, elaborate fantasy prints, and natural textures. The result is an offbeat, funky aesthetic that remains elegant and wearable. It's a look that can be carried off by a broad age spectrum of women. If art teachers were chic and rich, they'd probably wear Marni.

Cheers, xo!

8 comments:

  1. You wore this printed dress beautifully at the office! I love that you paired nude colored flatforms. Even better that their Vera Wang!

    GREAT post! :)

    xo KCN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Love this whole outfit. You look like a model!
    xo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit, the two prints flow together nicely.
    xo
    Tiffy
    Blog: CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is everything!!

    -Twanie
    http://str8calistyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete